Menu Prices 2014-2015
Elementary Breakfast: $1.50
Elementary Lunches: $2.75 (milk is included with a meal purchase)
Timothy Edwards Breakfast: $1.60
TE Lunches: $2.85 (milk is included with a meal purchase)
High School Breakfast: $1.75
HS Lunches: $3.00 (milk is included with a meal purchase)
Teachers and Adult Meals are purchased a la carte.
*Milk A La Carte (purchased separate from a meal):
$.50 for 8 oz. / $.75 for 10 oz. *
* 10 oz. milk bottle offered at TE a la carte only and HS meals & a la carte.
|Elementary Breakfast Menu
Elementary Lunch Menu
| Timothy Edwards Breakfast Menu
||Timothy Edwards Lunch Menu
South Windsor High School Breakfast Menu
South Windsor High School Lunch Menu
Wellness Policy and Healthy Food Certification
The South Windsor Board of Education adopted a Wellness Policy (#6142.101) in the 2005-06 school year that encompasses both food and exercise in it's scope. The guidelines for food served and sold to students during the school day are provided in the Wellness Policy. Healthy Food Certification legislation provides for guidelines for foods sold a la carte and in locations other than the meal program area of the school.
Tasty Tidbits for Parents
South Windsor Food Services is committed to providing quality, healthful school meals and nutritious snack choices while encouraging good nutrition practices as an integral part of the education of our students.
- We emphasize wholesome, natural ingredients, whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables as well as lean proteins.
- We offer salad bars in our middle and high school and this year we are looking at a salad bar concept to bring around to our younger students.
- We have a great school garden at Timothy Edwards School and expanding to additional gardens in our elementary schools through grants!
- We joined the Healthy Food Certification program in 2007 (since it’s inception) and continue our participation to offer only snacks that have been through this rigorous evaluation.
- Our meals are well-balanced, meeting current Dietary Guidelines for Americans. They are meals our parents want their children to eat.
- Since 2002 we have participated in Farm to Table with local apples, peaches, lettuces, green beans, and potatoes offered regularly. Additionally we purchase through the Department of Defense produce purchasing system which provides us with both regional and local produce when in season.
- Foods are been trans-fat free unless naturally occurring.
- We use a large amount of fresh product. To retain freshness and flavor, we cook our products in smaller batches.
Summer Feeding Program Information
South Windsor School District does not offer a Summer feeding program, however, there are several options for you in Connecticut, please inquire with the following resources below to see what works for your family.
- Summer meals are free, nutritious meals and snacks that are provided to kids and teens, 18 years of age and younger, throughout the summer when school is out. Meals are made possible through federal nutrition programs.
- No paperwork required.
- No registration required.
- No identification (ID) required.
- No cost!
- All summer meals are FREE of charge to all kids & teens, 18 years of age and younger, at participating meal locations.