How Do I set up a Point of Sale (POS) account?
The Point of Sale (POS) Program allows each student to deposit into his/her account any amount of money to be used to purchase meals, snacks and milk. What a child can purchase with the money in his/her account is determined by what parents indicate to Food Services when sending the money to be deposited. A form is available to send with your deposit. Please contact your child’s school to obtain a POS Form.
Web Based Point of Sale Deposits may be made at www.PAYPAMS.com. This program allows parents to deposit monies and manage their children's accounts. Access is secure and allows parents to add money, transfer money from one child to another, and identify what their child iis buying. Simply go to www.PAYPAMS.com and register. We encourage you to use this secure and dependable system for getting your child(ren)'s accounts ready for the school year.
PLEASE NOTE: Parents who deposit money into an account using a credit card will be charged $1.95 per transaction for each of your students. Parents who wish to check the account but are not depositing money by credit card will not be charged a fee. Students using their PIN at the school will not be charged a fee other than the cost of the items being purchased.
- Parents wanting to deposit money for meals only - keep in mind the price of breakfast and lunch and multipy by the number of meals you wish to purchase.
- Deposits made to a student's account through PAYPAMS will take at least one day to process into their account. Please plan accordingly.
- If you wish to allow your child to purchase snacks as well, you may indicate how much he/she is to spend each day or may leave it unlimited.
- The amount you would send in would then be determined by these limits and how often you expect your child to purchase.
- For parents whose children only purchase milk, we will limit their account to $.40 for 8 oz. or $.60 for 10 oz./day and make a note it is for milk only.
- Any money left at the end of the school year will carry forward to next school year. At the end of the year we will send home a reminder of what your child’s account has remaining in it. Students moving to a new school (Timothy Edwards or South Windsor High School) will find the money left at the end of the year in their account at the new school! Seniors will be given their account balance in early May so they have time to spend it down before the end of the year as there are no refunds.
What happens as my CHild's Account Runs down?
Food Service personnel carefully monitor student accounts. Food Service personnel send home notices to families when an account reaches $12.00. In this way, families receive reminders long before their child's account runs out. If a child's account does run out, he or she will receive a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and another note will go home indicating the account has run low. Families can monitor and update accounts from home.