Measurement and Geometry
Instructional programs should enable all students to—
- Analyze characteristics and properties of two- and three-dimensional geometric shapes and develop mathematical arguments about geometric relationships
- Specify locations and describe spatial relationships using coordinate geometry and other representational systems
- Apply transformations and use symmetry to analyze mathematical situations
- Use visualization , spatial reasoning, and geometric modeling to solve problems
- Understand measurable attributes of objects and the units, systems, and processes of measurement
- Apply appropriate techniques , tools, and formulas to determine measurements.